In the past, home seekers have addressed short term needs for a safer place to spend the night in the following ways;
- making journeys on night buses or tubes;
- making their way to airports such as Heathrow, where other people are sleeping as they await their departures;
- spending time at Paddington Station, which is open 24 hours per day, has 24 hour toilet facilities and has shower facilities during the day ( cost £5 );
- making their way to Ealing Broadway, where trains depart and arrive throughout the night;
- camping out in parks;
- having drinks in all-night cafes.