Contact the Local Council’s Housing Department
Ealing Council Housing Advice Service
Tel: 020 8825 8888 ( Out of Hours: 020 8825 5000 )
Perceval House, 14-16 Uxbridge Road, Ealing W5 2HL
Opening hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm
Link to Map
See: http://nhas.org.uk/factsheets for information on the process.
Help is also available from:
– Citizen’s Advice Bureau
Tel 03444 111 444, https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/
– Shelter’s Free Housing Advice Helpline
Tel 0808 800 4444 8am-8pm
Weekdays. 8am-5pm Weekends, www.shelter.org.uk
– if the issue is financial in origin, consider whether you may be eligible for Local Welfare Assistance or Discretionary Housing Payments:
Enquiries: 0208 825 6237
Apply online at www.ealing.gov.uk
If evicted, obtain from your landlord if possible:
– written, dated evidence of being asked to leave or being evicted;
– a written, dated, signed reference in respect of your tenancy.
Gather together key documents:
– ideally, make copies and leave the copies with someone you trust for safe-keeping
– make a list of names and contact details for family and friends
– pack belongings
– where possible store or sell what you cannot carry with you.
Seek help from family and friends where possible.
Attend Ealing Soup Kitchen or Hub for help and support.